Archive for the Conferences & Shows Category
Posted on October 14, 2009 with No Comments
If you happen to be a company or practitioner in the world of Anti-Aging Medicine AND happen to be in Dubai in Novemebr, you need to get this conference on your calendar!
Major anti-aging manufacturers, educators, and industry leaders will be there and as you can imagine it plans to be one of the biggest events of the year. The major players will be there and is being hosted jointly by the World Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (WAAM), American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M), and the European Society of Preventive, Regenerative, and Anti-Aging Medicine.
With the economy tightening and consumer confidence and spending at historical lows, the obvious question might be why spend the money or the time?? Well, the industry is growing about 9% annually and is expected to top $72 billion in 2009, plus recent news reports have indicated that babies born “today” can be the first generation to expect to live into their 100′s. So, if you’re a long term thinker have have financial staying power to suffer from a poor economy, then this certtainly looks like a growth industry for the next century.
What can you expect?
Outside the normal networking, education, workshops, et al the proramm promises to offer…
Science based presentations and practical workshops will provide physicians with the necessary tools and knowledge to carry out aesthetic and cosmetic procedures, hormone replacement therapies, and genetic and diagnostic testing.
Aesthetic Medicine, Nutrition, Sports Medicine, Hormone Optimization and Genetics, which together comprise the five pillars of Anti-Aging medicine, are fully represented during the conference.
You can get more information by emailing email@example.com, or by visiting this link – Dubai Anti-Aging Conference.
Posted on July 6, 2009 with No Comments
The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine has announced its fall Congress and Exposition in San Jose, CA on September 9-12, 2009.
It is a 4 day event and they have over 75 speakers slated for presentations together with workshops on In-Office procedures. Several focus areas include hormone replacement therapy, aesthetic venous treatments (spider vein treatments), detox and weight management, stem cell research updates, as well as fundamental and advanced topics on managing your “Anti-Aging” practice – medical, spa or medspa – a critical topic in today’s challenging economic environment.
They are currently accepting enrollment into the conference (http://www.worldhealth.net/) and it is not too late for reserving the best spots as exhibitors. If you are a manufacturer of anti-aging skin care products, equipment, cosmetic or plastic surgery aids, advertising, or other anti-aging systems, you want to make sure you are in attendance. Spa and med spa owners and managers as well as clinicians will be on-hand.
Here are some very interesting facts to know if you are in the industry or considering it:
Fast Facts on The Anti-Aging Marketplace
- The consumer public has voted with their wallets overwhelmingly in favor of the anti-aging healthcare model. The anti-aging marketplace is one that is demographics-driven: people around the world are getting older. As a result the anti-aging marketplace is projected to reach $41.94 billion by 2006, expanding at an average annual rate (AAGR) of 8% [Business Communications Company, 2002].
- The anti-aging market is expected to grow to $41.94 billion in 2006, reflecting an average annual rate (AAGR) of 9% [“Drugs and Cosmetics for Aging Boomers,” Business Communications Company, Inc., 2002]
- The market with the highest projected AAGR is hormone replacement therapy, at 16.5% [“Drugs and Cosmetics for Aging Boomers,” Business Communications Company, Inc., 2002]
- Global nutraceuticals market grew from $38.2 billion in 1999, to reach $46.7 billion in 2002; by 2007, global nutraceutical sales are projected to reach $74.7 billion [reported by NutraIngredients.com, “Nutraceuticals sales to hit $75 billion”] In he nutraceuticals market stands at $17.1 billion [“NBJ Releases New Report on Maturing US Supplement Industry,” Nutrition Business Journal, September 2002.]
- Sixty percent (60%) of Americans age 65+ are pursuing anti-aging interventions — including hormone replacement therapies and dietary supplementation [MSNBC Jan. 28, 2002.]
- Dietary supplement sales in 2000 were $17 billion. [Nutrition Business Journal, Nov. 2001.]
- Thirty-three percent (33%) of adults take supplements on the specific advice of their doctor. [Harris Interactive survey, 2001.]
Posted on April 16, 2009 with No Comments
The A4M Brazil Congress on Anti-Aging is scheduled for August 14-15, 2009 in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The new Anti-Aging congress will take place at the prestigious Palacio das Convencoes Anhembi. It will be held with the full endorsement and support of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) and the World Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (WAAAM).
Anti-aging medicine is a medical specialty founded on the application of advanced scientific and medical technologies for the early detection, prevention, treatment, and reversal of age-related diseases. The aim of anti-aging medicine is to extend not only the human lifespan but also the quality of life and to limit the debilitating affects of aging.
The global anti-aging products market is projected to be worth $115 billion by 2010, growing at a compounded annual rate of 9.14% and the South American market presents remarkable growth opportunities. Douglas Emslie, Group Managing Director, Tarsus Group
Visit http://www.anti-agingevents.com/saopaulo/ for more information.
Posted on April 14, 2009 with No Comments
If you’re in the spa or MedSpa business, you need to consider attending the New York Show – April 26-28, 2009. IECSC (International Esthetics, Cosmetics & Spa Conference) has four shows scheduled this year. They are regionally located to cut down on travel costs – NY, Las Vegas, Illinois and Florida. Each conference has education tracks set aside for specific interest – Medical Aesthetics, Spa Business and numerous workshops and educational programs.
There are expected to be over 200 exhibitors and lots of info for dealing with the weakened economy, expanding services and improving sq/ft ROI. Costs range from $70 for a single workshop to $500 for a 3-day pass to all programs. Go to http://www.iecsc.com/ny/ for more information. General admission to the floor is free. There is a very nifty interactive PDF with schedules, details, and registration information.
Tags: Conferences & Shows, cosmetics, education, esthetics, IECSC, medspas, Skin Care, skin care shows, spa industry, spas, workshops
Category: Conferences & Shows